This workshop lesson is an introduction to making interactive data visualizations in Python. Learners will create a new environment using conda, wrangle data into the proper format using pandas library, create visualizations using the Plotly Python library, and display these visualizations and create widgets using Streamlit.
Preview the app
For a preview of what learners will be creating in this lesson (including the exercises), click the “Open in Streamlit” button below. The repository that contains this example Streamlit app can be found here.
- Learners should have completed the Plotting and Programming in Python workshop lesson, or have some experience with Python and the pandas library.
- Learners should have Anaconda installed on their machines, as specified in the setup for Plotting and Programming in Python.
- Learners should be comfortable with using the command line.
- Learners should have a Jupyter Lab & Streamlit compatible web browser installed (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).
- Learners should have downloaded the required files (data_viz_workshop.zip) as specified in the Setup
- (Optional) Learners can request a Streamlit Sharing account - request one here - if they wish to deploy and publish their visualization web app.