Software Packages Required
You will need to have an installation of Python 3 with the matplotlib, pandas, numpy and optionally opencv packages.
The Anaconda Distribution includes all of these except opencv by default.
Installing OpenCV with Anaconda
- Load the Anaconda Navigator
- Click on “Environments” on the left hand side.
- Choose “Not Installed” from the pull down menu next to the channels button.
- Type “opencv” into the search box.
- Tick the box next to the opencv package and then click apply.
Installing from the Anaconda command line
From the Anaconda terminal run the command
conda install -c conda-forge opencv
Download the data
Please create a sub directory called data in the directory where you save any code you write.
Download the the following files to this directory:
If you are using a Mac or Linux system the following commands will download this:
mkdir data cd data wget https://scw-aberystwyth.github.io/machine-learning-novice/data/worldbank-gdp.csv wget https://scw-aberystwyth.github.io/machine-learning-novice/data/worldbank-gdp-outliers.csv wget https://scw-aberystwyth.github.io/machine-learning-novice/data/gapminder-life-expectancy.csv