Download this data to your computer: Humanities SQL data. Click on Download all to download the zip file. Unzip it to a location that you can easily find on your computer.
About the data
The data for this lesson is a part of the Data Carpentry Humanities workshop. It is a teaching version of the EEBO/TCP data.
The data for this lesson and the workshop are in the Humanities Data repository available on Github, with a CC-0 license available for reuse.
SQL is a specialized programming language used with databases. We use a simple database manager called SQLite in our lessons.
We will use DB Browser for SQLite.
- If you don’t already have DB Browser for SQLite, download it from https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/releases/download/v3.10.0/DB.Browser.for.SQLite-3.10.0-win64.exe
- When a window pops up, follow instructions to install it.
- If you don’t already have DB Browser forSQLite, download it from: https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/releases/download/v3.10.0/DB.Browser.for.SQLite-3.10.0.dmg
- When a window pops up, drag the icon into the Applications folder.
- Go to Applications and then double click the icon